Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Screencast-o-matic

   I watched the two required videos today for my differentiation with technology class. The teacher brought up a variety of things I could use in the classroom. I thought of some ideas for Google Earth and problem solving and taking a poll with a site called polldaddy that we used once at a district institute day.

   There are so many tools, websites, and other fun things to use in my classroom from the internet. It is easy to get overwhelmed, so I have promised to pace myself trying one thing at a time. The one I chose to use today is screencast-o-matic.

   This website is a tool that allows the user to record a how-to of some sort using your desktop. It is meant to be short, sweet, and to the point. What's the best part for me? It was EASY to use. I was able to download the required software and use screencast is less than 5 minutes!

   I decided to do a short video of how I set up my desktop at work to keep myself organized during the week. Then I saved it to my files and here it is for your viewing pleasure! Please don't mind my daughters singing in the background.

1 comment:

  1. You did great on this, Lisa. I've never seen that use of the desktop--love finding out new approaches.

    ReplyDelete