- Google+ is social media for Google
- If you have a gmail account, you already have a Google+ account. You just need to go through the steps to set it up.
- You must use your real name
- The idea is to connect with people who have the same interests as you do. If you have no friends or family on Google+, it's okay. You can still follow people.
- The people you follow you place into categories called "Circles"
- You can also name these circles yourself ex. work pals, family, scrapbookers, etc..
- You have the choice of who you share posts with and what you see
- If you "like" something on Google+ (as you do on Facebook), you click the +1 button
- All of your +1's are saved along with everything you post on your profile page
- Your feed will show you things you are interested in based on your +1's (like Pinterest does)
I know there is more to it, but that is what I learned today from playing around with Google+ and two extremely helpful resources: Yunche T. Wilson and her video on YouTube called "How to use Google+" and the website androidcentral.com
What do you like about Google +?
What basics have I missed?